Issuing Certificates with cert-manager
Issuers have been configured, certificates are able
to be requested and signed by those
Issuers. Shown below is a list of use
cases and methods for requesting certificates through cert-manager:
- Certificate Resources: The simplest and most common method for requesting signed certificates.
- Securing Ingress Resources: A method to secure ingress resources in your cluster.
- Securing OpenFaaS functions: Secure your OpenFaaS services using cert-manager.
- Integration with Garden: Garden is a developer tool for developing Kubernetes applications which has first class support for integrating cert-manager.
- Securing Knative: Secure your Knative services with trusted HTTPS certificates.
- Enable mTLS on Pods with CSI: Using the cert-manager CSI driver to provide unique keys and certificates that share the lifecycle of pods.
- Securing Istio Service Mesh: Secure your Istio service mesh, using cert-manager.
- Securing Istio Gateway: Secure your Istio Gateway in Kubernetes using cert-manager.
- Securing Istio Service Mesh: Using the cert-manager Istio integration, secure the mTLS PKI for each pod through cert-manager managed certificates.
Last modified January 1, 0001