Automate certificate management in cloud native environments
cert-manager builds on top of Kubernetes, introducing certificate authorities and certificates as first-class resource types in the Kubernetes API. This makes it possible to provide 'certificates as a service' to developers working within your Kubernetes cluster.
- Provide easy to use tools to manage certificates.
- A standardised API for interacting with multiple certificate authorities (CAs).
- Gives security teams the confidence to allow developers to self-server certificates.
- Support for ACME (Let's Encrypt), HashiCorp Vault, Venafi, self signed and internal certificate authorities.
- Extensible to support custom, internal or otherwise unsupported CAs.
Support for popular CA types
Out of the box, cert-manager supports ACME (i.e. Let's Encrypt), HashiCorp Vault, Venafi, self signed and internal CA issuer types.
cert-manager natively targets Kubernetes and OpenShift. This means it integrates well with other ecosystem tools and addons for your cluster, in order to seamlessly secure all your cloud native infrastructure.