Issuer has been configured, you're ready to issue your first certificate!
There are several use cases and methods for requesting certificates through cert-manager:
- Certificate Resources: The simplest and most common method for requesting signed certificates.
- Securing Ingress Resources: A method to secure ingress resources in your cluster.
- Securing OpenFaaS functions: Secure your OpenFaaS services using cert-manager.
- Integration with Garden: Garden is a developer tool for developing Kubernetes applications which has first class support for integrating cert-manager.
- Securing Knative: Secure your Knative services with trusted HTTPS certificates.
- Enable mTLS on Pods with CSI: Using the cert-manager CSI driver to provide unique keys and certificates that share the lifecycle of pods.
- Securing Istio Gateway: Secure your Istio Gateway in Kubernetes using cert-manager.
- Securing Istio Service Mesh: Using the cert-manager Istio integration, secure the mTLS PKI for each pod through cert-manager managed certificates.
- Policy for cert-manager certificates: Manage what cert-manager certificates are able to be signed or rejected through custom resource defined policy.